April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
10 Parenting Tips to Help Parents & Your Kids!
- Start and End each day with, “I love you”.
- Act now, talk later. Respond to misbehavior immediately – but talk about it later after you have calmed to explain the rules and expectations.
- Check your car seat’s fit and ensure that it is properly locked in.
- Don’t panic about picky eaters. Offer a variety of foods and small, frequent meals.
- Nip aggression in the bud! Don’t ever let your toddler hit or kick other or You.
- Make amends. One of the most important thinks you can say to a child is, “I’m sorry. I messed up.” Admitting your wrong sometimes gives your child the right to make mistakes.
- Trust your instincts with child care. If you have reservations about a caregiver you are probably right. Your child comes first.
- Never make your love conditional. Love is not based on great math scores or a homerun. Tell your kids you love them no matter what.
- Think ahead about safety. Anticipate your child’s next steps and get your home ready for it.
- Listen before you give advice. Let your child figure out what emotion they are feeling; then suggest ways to solve the problem.
Never Shake a Baby!
Sponsored by: Duneland Exchange Club
Report Child abuse to 1-800-4 A CHILD